The popularity of fleshy succulents is still going strong! At one point I thought the interest in them would fade a bit, but oh no. This is a series about growing succulents indoors, broken down into individual topics so you can easily digest each one.
I grew lots of succulents outdoors in my Santa Barbara garden for many years. I now live in Tucson which is such a different climate and so much more of a challenge to grow them outdoors. I have great light in my new home and I’ve decided to add more “fleshies” into my indoor garden. Besides, taking care of all my tropical and subtropical Houseplants is a lot of work in this hot, dry climate!
It’s been a long time since I’ve done a series, Aloe Vera and Bromeliads being the last. Rather than doing one long care video and post, I decided to break it into shorter ones. My aim is to have all the videos be 5-6 minutes long but we’ll see how that goes.
I’ve been growing succulents since the late 90’s when I went to a talk at the San Francisco Botanical Garden and bought my very first one. They’re easy to grow if the conditions and maintenance are right. Plus, most can handle the dry air our homes tend to have like champs.
This series will run for 3 months or so and I hope to cover all the topics about growing succulents indoors that you may have questions about.
The highlights of this series:
- Here’s what’s coming up, posts & videos:
- Choosing Succulents for Growing Indoors plus Choosing Pots
- 6 Important Things About Growing Succulents Indoors
- Watering Succulents Indoors
- Buying Succulents Online
- Problems With Succulents Indoors: Issues You May Have & What To Do
- Succulent Propagation: By Stem & Leaf Cuttings & Division
- Soil for Succulents
- Repotting Succulents
- Planting Succulents in Small Pots & Shallow Containers
- How To Make An Indoor Succulent Garden
- Succulents in Pots With No Drainage: How to Plant & Maintain
- Pruning Succulents: Fixing Leggy Succulents
- Pruning Trailing Succulents
Blog posts only:
- Succulent Care for Beginners: Answers to Your FAQs
- Small Pots for Succulents
- Indoor Planters for Succulents
- How to Choose Succulents and Pots
- Small Pots for Succulents
- Guide to Watering Indoor Succulents
- 6 Important Succulent Care Tips
- Hanging Planters for Succulents
- 13 Common Succulent Problems and How to Avoid Them
- Propagating Succulents 3 Simple Ways
We hope you find this series to be helpful. Succulents are fun plants to grow in your home and once you have one, you’ll definitely want more!
If you want to learn more, we have published guides on succulent care here!
This post may contain affiliate links. You can read our policies here. Your cost for the products will be no higher but Joy Us garden receives a small commission. Thank you for helping us spread the word & make the world a more beautiful place!